Saturday, December 27, 2008

The After Christmas Crash!

Ever notice that two days after Christmas everyone crashes? Our house looks like a wrecking ball hit it and not only did it do damage to the physical stuff, but there are bodies laying about in big piles. Not literally. But honestly, there's not a person in this house that isn't lethargic and a bit crabby today. When does school start again?? Is it the crash from all the sugar consumed in the past week? Is it the crash from Santa coming and peaking the excitement? What exactly is it that causes such carnage two days after Christmas? But at any rate, as I'm laying on the couch myself, frustrated at the new phone that Santa dropped off for me because I'm technically challenged, I began to reflect a bit. And I just have to say, I am so thankful for all that has been revealed to me. I am grateful, if not privelaged, to see how God is turning some of the "ick" in my life into his glory. Situations which I thought were lost and there was no hope, relationships that I believed were irretreivably broken, all being turned into something more beautiful than before, all being used for his purposes and for greater things. It's a slow process. And don't get me wrong. I don't always see the progress. I often see roadblocks and discouragement. But today, I realized that there is much hope in each of these situations. And while the outcome may not be what I, as a human, would want it to be. It is fulfilling God's purpose and his will. And really, isn't that what it's all about? Faith is believing in the unseen - we're told this in the New Testament. I started reading a book today called "Intecessory Prayer" by Dutch Sheets. I highly recommend this to everyone. It's quite fascinating. Anyway, tomorrow I'll start putting back together what the wrecking ball has destroyed but for now, I'll get back to trying to figure out my phone. I'm going to have to resort to having the teen show me how to make it work. Sigh.


And yes, this photo with Lucy and Santa is the best Christmas picture of our family I can find right now!


1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with the house - I still need to take down the xmas decoration myself. Trying to find places for all the new stuff is a pain in the behind :) Not that we got much this year!
    I understand completely about God's will vs. our human will. Sometimes its not fair is it!
    Take care and relax - only 1 more week until school!

    ReplyDelete